Beaumont, California Not your city or county?

Common Questions

Questions About Notices

Questions About Current Licenses

Questions About Lost and Found Animals

Questions About Pet Licensing

Questions About PetData


Why did I receive this notice?

Please choose the option that best describes the notice you received:


Why am I being billed when I have a current license?

There may be several reasons why you received a bill when you have a current license. We're happy to help with your account information - please fill out this form to begin the process.


When will I get my license tag?

The metal license tag is permanently assigned to your pet, and you will not receive a new tag during the renewal process unless requested. If you have lost your tag or it has become unreadable, please pay the replacement tag fee when you mail your renewal, and a new tag will be mailed with your license registration. Otherwise, a receipt only will be mailed.

We will mail your tag and/or license receipt within 10 business days from the day we receive your completed license application and payment. Please allow an additional 3-5 business days to receive your tag or receipt in the mail. If we have not received correct payment or proper documentation you will be notified via mail and the processing of your license will be delayed.


How do I get a replacement tag?

You may obtain a replacement tag by sending a check or money order payable to "Beaumont Animal Licensing" in the amount of $25.00 to the mailing address below. Please do not send cash. You may include either a copy of your prior license receipt or a note to designate the pet for which you are purchasing a replacement tag. If you need assistance, you may call customer service toll-free at 1-877-862-0093.

If you are renewing your pet's license, please indicate that a replacement tag is needed on the renewal form and include the replacement tag fee.

Beaumont Animal Licensing
c/o PetData
PO Box 141929
Irving, TX 75014-1929

Only one license tag can be active at one time. Requests for multiple tags for the same animal cannot be fulfilled.


Can I transfer a license?

A license can be transferred for a dog licensed in another jurisdiction if the license and rabies vaccination are still current. This request can be made by contacting customer service toll-free at 1-877-862-0093.


Can I obtain a refund?

A refund may be available for the following reasons:

  1. If a duplicate payment was made for the same pet and the same license term. Include the pet’s current license tag number if it is available, and as much information as possible regarding your payments.
  2. If a spayed or neutered pet was licensed at the unaltered rate. Include proof of the date of alteration with your request.
  3. If the pet owner lived outside the city limits at the time of licensing.
  4. If the pet has died more than 3 months before the expiration date of the license.

To request a refund, please send your request in writing or via email to Customer Service.


How long is this license valid?

Licenses are valid for 1, 2 or 3 years from the date of the rabies vaccination depending on the term that has been purchased, and cannot be valid beyond the end of the rabies vaccination.

Where is the local animal shelter?

Ramona Animal Shelter, 690 Humane Way, San Jacinto, CA 92582

To report stray animals or for questions unrelated to licensing, please call Animal Control at 1-951-769-8500.


I have found a pet: what should I do?

If the pet that you have found is wearing a City of Beaumont or San Gorgonio license tag, please enter the tag number in the tag search box to the left.

Sheltering of strays for the City of Beaumont is provided by the Ramona Humane Society.


I have lost a pet: what should I do?

If an Animal Control Officer finds your pet, and your pet is wearing a current license tag on its collar, Animal Services will contact you. If another citizen finds your pet with its license tag, they may use the tag number to contact you through our online tag search or by calling the phone number on the license tag.

If your pet has been lost, Animal Services recommends that you visit the shelter to look for your pet at least every other day. Sheltering of strays for the City of Beaumont is provided by the Ramona Humane Society. You may also contact Animal Control at 951-769-8500 regarding your pet.


Why should I license?

Licensing helps Animal Services identify family pets, should an animal become lost. The fees from licensing are used to care for animals and investigate complaints about stray animals, among other services. Other goals of animal licensing are to promote responsible pet ownership and to reduce the tragedies associated with lost pets and pet overpopulation.


What are the licensing requirements?

Licensing Ordinance

All dogs 4 months of age and older and residing in the City of Beaumont more than 30 days are required to be licensed and have a current rabies vaccination. New residents must license each dog within 30 days. Cats may be licensed on a voluntary basis.

View the complete City of Beaumont ordinance

Due Date

Payment for your license is due within 30 days of the due date. If you are licensing for the first time, you must purchase a license within 30 days of obtaining a pet over the age of 4 months or within 30 days of moving into the City of Beaumont.

A late fee is added to the license fee if your license is not purchased within 30 days of moving into the City of Beaumont or within 30 days of obtaining a pet. A late fee will also be added if your renewal license is not purchased within 30 days of the prior license expiration date. The late fee is $25. Additionally, if you currently have a lifetime license and do not provide an updated rabies vaccination certificate within 30 days of expiration, your lifetime license will expire, and you will need to reapply for that license.

License Term

Licenses are valid for 1, 2 or 3 years from the date of the rabies vaccination depending on the term that has been purchased, and cannot be valid beyond the end of the rabies vaccination.

Why was licensing privatized?

The City of Beaumont chose to privatize animal licensing beginning in 2016 to promote animal licensing, to increase the cost-effectiveness of the program, and to provide additional services to its citizens.


Who is PetData?

PetData, Inc., headquartered in Dallas, Texas, provides animal licensing services for municipalities and animal welfare agencies throughout the United States. The company, a member of the National Animal Control Association, has been in business since 1994. PetData’s goals are to increase animal licensing, to reduce animal euthanasia, to educate the community, and to help solve animal control problems.

Does PetData sell information?

We at PetData consider the privacy of our clients to be of paramount importance. PetData has never sold information or data to any third-party. PetData does not use any personally identifiable data collected for any purpose other than for those purposes as required by client contracts.

We do not respond to requests for information from non-client individuals or corporations, nor do we release information without the express written consent of our clients. PetData does not and will not share or sell client data with any other parties or make client data publicly available unless authorized by the client or required under a legal subpoena. All data belongs to our clients, and PetData serves only as a custodian for client-owned data.

Groups or individuals requesting data should contact their City or County directly as PetData will only release data to our contracted clients.

Zip Search

Enter your zip code to get started.