Charlotte-Mecklenburg, North Carolina Not your city or county?

Required Paperwork

  1. A current rabies vaccination certificate is required if the rabies vaccination on file has expired. Please check your certificate for correct address and pet information.
  2. Proof of spay/neuter, such as a signed statement from a veterinarian, an invoice for services or a copy of a receipt for a pre-paid appointment for surgery that is within 30 days of the license due date, is required if the pet has been altered since the last licensing period and you are applying for the lower spayed/neutered license fee.
  3. Proof of age, such as an identification card with the owner’s date of birth, is required to receive the discounted fees for senior citizens age 62 and over.
  4. If you are licensing an unaltered show dog, you must furnish proof of participation in at least three nationally recognized conformation or obedience shows within the past 12 months. The exemption rate only applies to the dogs or cats in the owner's household of the same breed that were shown. Proof of participation must go beyond records showing that a filing fee was paid, and the owner must validate the actual showing of the animal.

    This proof must be furnished each time you license the dog, and you will be charged at the sterile or spayed/neutered rate for the license.

Your paperwork will not be returned to you, so please retain a copy of your documents for your records.

Zip Search

Enter your zip code to get started.