Chino Valley, AZ Not your city or county?

Common Questions

Questions About Notices

Questions About Current Licenses

Questions About Lost and Found Animals

Questions About Pet Licensing

Questions About PetData


Why did I receive this notice?

Please choose the option that best describes the notice you received:


Why am I being billed when I have a current license?

There may be several reasons why you received a bill when you have a current license. We're happy to help with your account information - please fill out this form to begin the process.


When will I get my license tag?

We will mail your tag within 10 business days from the day we receive your completed license application and payment. Please allow an additional 3-5 business days to receive your tag in the mail. If we have not received correct payment or required documentation, you will be notified via mail and the processing of your license will be delayed.

How do I get a replacement tag?

You may obtain a replacement tag by sending a check or money order payable to “Chino Valley Animal Shelter" in the amount of $2.00 to the mailing address below. Please do not send cash. You may include either a copy of your prior license receipt or a note to designate the pet for which you are purchasing a replacement tag. If you need assistance, you may call customer service toll-free at 1-877-202-7437.

Chino Valley Dog Licensing
c/o PetData
PO Box 141929
Irving, TX 75014-1929

Only one license tag can be active at one time. Requests for multiple tags for the same animal cannot be fulfilled.


Can I transfer a license?

Licenses may not be transferred from one owner to another owner or from one dog to another dog. A new license must be purchased. Click here to view your licensing options.


Can I obtain a refund?

A refund may be available for the following reasons:

  1. If a duplicate payment was made for the same dog and the same license term. Be sure to include the dog’s current license tag number if it is available, and as much information as possible regarding your payments.
  2. If the dog was altered at the time of licensing. Be sure to include proof of either date of alteration, or a prior rabies certificate showing the dog was altered (not a new certificate for the same vaccination term).
  3. If the dog owner lived outside the town limits at the time of licensing.

Refunds are not available for unused time or if the animal is altered during the licensing period and you paid at the higher rate.

To request a refund, please send your request in writing or via email to Customer Service.


How long is this license valid?

Licenses are valid until December 31, as long as the rabies vaccination is current as of the date of purchase. Licenses expire December 31.


Where is the local animal shelter?

The animal shelter for Chino Valley is located at the following address:

Chino Valley Animal Shelter
1904 Voss Dr
Chino Valley, AZ 86323

To report stray animals or for questions unrelated to licensing, please call Chino Valley Animal Control at 928-771-3260.


I have found a pet: what should I do?

If the dog that you have found is wearing a Chino Valley dog license tag, please enter the tag number in the tag search box on the left side of the page. If you need assistance, you may call our office at 1-877-202-7437.


I have lost a pet: what should I do?

If an Animal Control Officer finds your dog, and your dog is wearing a current license tag on its collar, Animal Control will contact you. If another citizen finds your dog with its license tag, they may call the phone number on the tag, or lookup the tag number through our online tag search.

If your dog has been lost, Animal Control recommends that you visit the shelter to look for your dog at least every other day. Sheltering of strays for the shelter is provided by Chino Valley Animal Shelter. You may also contact Animal Control at 928-771-3260 regarding your dog.


Why should I license?

Licensing helps Animal Control identify family pets should an animal become lost. The fees from licensing are used to care for animals and investigate complaints about stray animals, among other services. Other goals of animal licensing are to promote responsible pet ownership and to reduce the tragedies associated with lost pets and pet overpopulation.


What are the licensing requirements?

Licensing Ordinance

All dogs over the age of 4 months in the Town of Chino Valley must be licensed within 30 days of acquiring the dog or within 30 days of the date that the dog becomes eligible for licensing.

View the complete Chino Valley ordinance

Due Date

Licenses expire annually on December 31st, and must be renewed by March 31st each year.

A late fee will be applied beginning April 1st.

License Term

Licenses are valid until December 31, as long as the rabies vaccination is current as of the date of purchase. Licenses expire December 31.


Why was licensing privatized?

Chino Valley chose to privatize animal licensing beginning in 2023 to promote animal licensing, to increase the cost-effectiveness of the program, and to provide additional services to its citizens.


Who is PetData?

PetData, Inc., headquartered in Dallas, Texas, provides animal licensing services for municipalities and animal welfare agencies throughout the United States. The company, a member of the National Animal Control Association, has been in business since 1994. PetData’s goals are to increase animal licensing, to reduce animal euthanasia, to educate the community, and to help solve animal control problems.

Does PetData sell information?

We at PetData consider the privacy of our clients to be of paramount importance. PetData has never sold information or data to any third-party. PetData does not use any personally identifiable data collected for any purpose other than for those purposes as required by client contracts.

We do not respond to requests for information from non-client individuals or corporations, nor do we release information without the express written consent of our clients. PetData does not and will not share or sell client data with any other parties or make client data publicly available unless authorized by the client or required under a legal subpoena. All data belongs to our clients, and PetData serves only as a custodian for client-owned data.

Groups or individuals requesting data should contact their City or County directly as PetData will only release data to our contracted clients.

Zip Search

Enter your zip code to get started.