- Call Customer Service:
Required Paperwork for Licensing
- A current rabies vaccination certificate is required if the rabies vaccination on file has expired. Please check your certificate for correct address and pet information.
- Proof of spay/neuter, such as a signed statement from a veterinarian or an invoice for services is required if the pet has been altered since the last licensing period and you are applying for the lower spayed/neutered license fee.
- The dog’s microchip number if not already on file.
Paperwork will not be returned, so please retain a copy of your documents for your records.
Required Documentation for an Unaltered Dog
- Health Exemption: Please submit written confirmation from a licensed veterinarian that the dog is unable to be spayed or neutered without a high likelihood of serious bodily harm or death due to age or infirmity.
- Law Enforcement Dog Exemption: Please submit the name of the agency for which the dog is actively being used.
- Service Dog Exemption: Please submit documentation of either the training agency or a registry for the service animal.
- Competition Dog Exemption: A Competition Dog is a dog which is used to show, to compete or to breed, which is of a breed recognized by and registered with the American Kennel Club (AKC), United Kennel Club (UKC), American Dog Breeders Association (ADBA) or other approved breed registries. The dog or owner must also meet ONE of the following requirements:
- The dog has competed in at least one dog show or sporting competition sanctioned by a national registry or approved by the department within the last 365 days; or
- The dog has earned a conformation, obedience, agility, carting, herding, protection, rally, sporting, working or other title from a purebred dog registry referenced above or other registry or dog sport association approved by the department; or
- The owner or custodian of the dog is a member of a department approved purebred dog breed clubs, which maintains and enforces a code of ethics for dog breeding that includes restrictions from breeding dogs with genetic defects and life threatening health problems that commonly threaten the breed.
If applying for the low-income reduced rate license, see attached application for documentation requirements.
|Download License Application (PDF format)
*To use as an electronic fillable form, open in Adobe Reader.
|Download Fee Exemption Application (PDF format)|