San Luis Obispo County, California Not your city or county?

Required Paperwork

  1. A current rabies vaccination certificate is required if the rabies vaccination on file has expired. Please check your certificate for correct address and pet information.
  2. Proof of spay/neuter, such as a signed statement from a veterinarian or an invoice for services, is required if the pet has been altered since the last licensing period and you are applying for the lower spayed/neutered license fee.

Note: Please send legible copies of your paperwork and maintain a copy for your records. If you are renewing a prior license, you will not receive a new tag or return mailing. Your cancelled check is the receipt for your license.

Zip Search

Enter your zip code to get started.