University Park, Texas Not your city or county?

Common Questions

Questions About Notices

Questions About Current Licenses

Questions About Lost and Found Animals

Questions About Pet Licensing

Questions About PetData


Why did I receive this notice?

Please choose the option that best describes the notice you received:


Why am I being billed when I have a current license?

There may be several reasons why you received a bill when you have a current license. We're happy to help with your account information - please fill out this form to begin the process.


When will I get my license tag?

We will mail your tag within 10 business days from the day we receive your completed license application and payment. Please allow an additional 3-5 business days to receive your tag in the mail. If we have not received correct payment or required documentation, you will be notified via mail and the processing of your license will be delayed.

How do I get a replacement tag?

If your license is current but you need to replace a lost or worn tag, you may request a free replacement tag by sending a copy of your license receipt or a note designating which pet is to receive the replacement tag.

University Park Animal Licensing
C/O PetData
PO Box 141929
Irving, TX 75014-1929


Can I transfer a license?

University Park licenses or tags may not be transferred to a new owner or a different pet. A new license must be purchased.

Can I obtain a refund?

University Park licenses are non-refundable.

How long is this license valid?

New registrations will expire one year from date of purchase. Renewal registrations will expire one year from the prior registration’s expiration.

Where is the local animal shelter?

If you have lost or found a pet, please contact Animal Control at 214-363-3000 or 214-987-5371. Please visit University Park’s website for additional information.

To report stray animals or for questions unrelated to licensing, please call Animal Control at 214-987-5371. If you have an emergency, such as an animal attack or a seriously injured animal, please contact the University Park Police/Fire Dispatch Center at 214-363-3000

I have found a pet: what should I do?

If the pet that you have found is wearing a University Park license tag, please call our office at 214-687-9127.

You may also contact the University Park Police/Fire Dispatch Center at 214-363-3000 to report a found pet.


I have lost a pet: what should I do?

If the Animal Control Officer finds your pet, and your pet is wearing a current license tag on its collar, the officer will contact you. If another citizen finds your pet with its license tag, they may call the phone number on the license tag, and you will be contacted by our office with the finder’s information.

If you have lost a pet, there are a few places you should look. First, contact the University Park Police/Fire Dispatch Center at 214-363-3000 and ask if they have picked up your pet or had any calls concerning a pet like yours. Your call will also make them aware that your pet is missing so that they can help you locate it. If you have to leave a message, please be sure to include important details such as your name, your phone number, your address, the breed of your pet, the color or markings of your pet, if it was wearing a collar or tags, and its last known location.

Second, you should check with Dallas Animal Services 214-671-0315 at 1818 N. Westmoreland, Dallas, TX 75212 to make sure your pet hasn’t been found and already turned into their facility. We recommend you visit that facility in person.


Why should I license?

  • The primary reason is to prevent the spreading of rabies. Rabies is a constant health threat, and rabies vaccinations are good for your pet’s health. People can die from rabies if they are not treated properly.
  • Animal licensing helps Animal Control monitor compliance with local and state rabies vaccination laws. 
  • Licensing also helps Animal Control identify family pets, should an animal become lost. 
  • Licensing fees are used to care for animals and investigate complaints about stray animals.
  • Animal licensing promotes responsible pet ownership and it helps reduce animal euthanasia.

What are the licensing requirements?

Licensing Ordinance

All dogs and cats 4 months of age and older must be vaccinated for rabies and licensed with University Park. Only residents within the city limits of University Park should license with the City.

Pet owners in the City of Dallas must register with Dallas Animal Services.

View the complete City of University Park ordinance

Due Date

Payment for your license is due within 30 days of the expiration of your current license. Licenses are required for all dogs and cats over the age of 4 months that live in University Park.


License Term

New registrations will expire one year from date of purchase. Renewal registrations will expire one year from the prior registration’s expiration.

Why was licensing privatized?

University Park chose to privatize animal licensing because it is more cost-effective. Additional benefits, such as better record-keeping and online registration, will help to increase the number of animals in University Park that are licensed.

Who is PetData?

PetData, Inc., headquartered in Dallas, Texas, provides animal licensing services for municipalities and animal welfare agencies throughout the United States. The company, a member of the National Animal Control Association, has been in business since 1994. PetData’s goals are to increase animal licensing, to reduce animal euthanasia, to educate the community, and to help solve animal control problems.

Does PetData sell information?

We at PetData consider the privacy of our clients to be of paramount importance. PetData has never sold information or data to any third-party. PetData does not use any personally identifiable data collected for any purpose other than for those purposes as required by client contracts.

We do not respond to requests for information from non-client individuals or corporations, nor do we release information without the express written consent of our clients. PetData does not and will not share or sell client data with any other parties or make client data publicly available unless authorized by the client or required under a legal subpoena. All data belongs to our clients, and PetData serves only as a custodian for client-owned data.

Groups or individuals requesting data should contact their City or County directly as PetData will only release data to our contracted clients.

Zip Search

Enter your zip code to get started.