Clearlake, California Not your city or county?
- Call Customer Service:
- A current rabies vaccination certificate is required if the rabies vaccination on file has expired. Please check your certificate for correct address and dog information.
- Proof of spay/neuter, such as a signed statement from a veterinarian or an invoice for services is required if the pet has been altered since the last licensing period. All dogs require proof of spay or neuter unless an exemption has been obtained.
- Proof of age is required to receive the discounted fees for senior citizens age 60 and over.
- Proof of veteran status is required to receive the discounted fees for a veteran.
- Documentation for an exemption is required to license an unaltered dog.
Your paperwork will not be returned to you, so please retain a copy of your documents for your records.
Exemptions For An Unaltered Dog
All dogs are required to be spayed or neutered, and may not be licensed as an unaltered dog without an exemption. Below is a list of exemptions.
- Health Exemption: Dogs certified by a licensed veterinarian as unable to be spayed or neutered due to health reasons.
- Law Enforcement Dog Exemption: Trained and working law enforcement dogs, or designated as breeding stock by an agency or organization approved by Animal Control.
- Service Dog Exemption: Trained and working service dogs or such dogs designated as breeding stock by an agency or organization approved by Animal Control.
- Competition Dog Exemption: Dogs registered with the AKC or other recognized registry, or trained for the purpose of show, field trials, or agility trials.
- Search and Rescue Dog Exemption: Trained and working search and rescue dogs.
- Livestock Dog Exemption: Trained and working herding, hunting, or livestock guardian dogs, or such dogs designated as breeding stock by an agency or organization approved by Animal Control.