- Call Customer Service:
Senior License Fees
Senior citizens aged 65 and older are eligible for one free license. Licenses for additional pets are standard price. A free license is also available for service dogs, guide dogs and police dogs.
Free renewals are required for all free licenses and for lifetime licenses to confirm the owner information and update the pet's rabies vaccination certificate.
If you qualify for a free license or renewal, you may obtain the license by mail, by fax (888-738-5556) or by submitting electronic copies of your documentation by email. Please note that the online payment system does not support free licenses.
- Proof of age is required to receive the one free license for a pet owned by senior citizens age 65 and over. Acceptable documents to show proof of age are a copy of a driver's license or passport.
- If requesting a free service animal license, include a note stating that the dog is a service animal and the task the animal is trained to perform. Information on the nature of the the owner's disability is not requested. Guidelines for service animals are as follows: A service animal is any dog that is individually trained to do work or perform tasks for the benefit of an individual with a disability including a physical, sensory, psychiatric, intellectual, or other mental disability. An animal that provides emotional support, crime prevention and comfort or companionship is not considered a service animal.
- Attach a current rabies certificate if your pet's vaccination is not already on file with us.
- Proof of spay/neuter, such as a signed statement from a veterinarian or an invoice for services is required if the pet has been altered since the last licensing period.
- If you have already received a mailing from us, please include the 9-digit reference number found to the right of your pet's name. If you have not received a mailing, the license application below may be downloaded and included for your convenience, but it is not required. Please note that the fillable form below is intended to be printed and may not save information correctly for electronic submission.
You will be contacted if additional items are required to complete your license.
The mailing address is:
Denver Animal Licensing
PO Box 141929
Irving, TX 75014-1929
If you need assistance, you may call customer service at 1-855-328-1401.
|Download License Application (PDF format)