- Call Customer Service:
License By Mail
All dogs 3 months of age and older must be licensed with the City of Edmonds.
View the complete City of Edmonds ordinance:
To license by mail (specialty licenses excluded):
- Enclose copies of all required paperwork. The license application below may be downloaded and included, but it is not required.
- Determine the correct license fee for each of your pets.
- Make your check or money order payable to "City of Edmonds." Please do not send cash.
- Mail your paperwork and payment to:
City of Edmonds Animal Licensing
PO Box 141929
Irving, TX 75014-1929
- Due to the current Washington State Covid-19 restrictions, proof of spay/neuter documentation is waived until further notice.
- Proof of age or owner's date of birth is required to receive the discounted fees for senior citizens age 65 and over.
Your paperwork will not be returned to you, so retain a copy of your documents for your records.
Standard License Fees
|Senior citizens over 65 with spayed/neutered dog||$5.00|
|Late Fee / Unaltered Dog||$18.00 after March 1st|
|Late Fee / Altered Dog||$10.00 after March 1st|
|Replacement Tag||$4.00 at time of renewal|
Specialty License Fees **
|Juvenile Dog Under 6 Months||$5.00|
|Senior Citizens age 65 and over with a juvenile dog under 6 months of age||$5.00 ($2 rebate at time of license renewal)|
|Cat (voluntary)||$5.00 - lifetime license|
|Service Dog||No Charge|
** Specialty licenses are available in person, or by direct mail to the Edmonds Police Department only.
The cost for licensing unaltered or fertile pets is higher than for licensing spayed or neutered pets in order to promote sterilization and to reduce pet overpopulation.
|Mail-In License Application (PDF format)
*To use as an electronic fillable form, open in Adobe Reader.
Payment for your license is due by January 1st. If you are licensing for the first time, you must purchase a license within 30 days of acquiring your pet. A late fee is added to the license fee if your license is not purchased by the due date. The late fee is $18.00 for an unaltered pet and $10.00 for a spayed or neutered pet.