Roseville, California Not your city or county?

License Information

License Fees

Licensing Fees (effective 7/1/23)

1 Year

2 Years*

3 Years*

Unaltered Pet




Spayed/Neutered Pet




Senior citizens age 65 and over

1 Year

2 Years*

3 Years*

Unaltered Pet




Spayed/Neutered Pet




Other Fees

Late Fee / Unaltered Pet


Late Fee / Altered Pet


Replacement Tag


*A multi-year license is only available if the rabies vaccination is current for the same time period. In no case can a license be valid past the expiration date of the rabies certificate.

The cost for licensing unaltered or fertile pets is higher than for licensing spayed or neutered pets as required by the State of California.

Required Paperwork

  1. A current rabies vaccination certificate is required to license your dog or cat for the first time or if the rabies vaccination on file has expired. Please check your certificate for correct address and pet information.
  2. Proof of spay/neuter, such as a signed statement from a veterinarian or an invoice for services is required if the pet has been altered since the last licensing period and you are applying for the lower spayed/neutered license fee.
  3. Proof of age is required to receive the discounted fees for senior citizens age 65 and over.

Your paperwork will not be returned to you, so please retain a copy of your documents for your records.

Mailing Address

To license by mail:

  1. Enclose copies of all required paperwork. The license application below may be downloaded or obtained at the Licensing counter located at 311 Vernon Street in Roseville.
  2. Determine the correct license fee for each of your pets.
  3. Make your check or money order payable to "City of Roseville Animal Licensing." Please do not send cash.
  4. Mail your paperwork and payment to:
  5. City of Roseville Animal Licensing
    c/o PetData
    PO Box 141929
    Irving, TX 75014-1929


Zip Search

Enter your zip code to get started.